This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more, but I'll get a small commission that helps support this website and keep our content free. Thanks!
In this post, you will learn what are group boards, how to join them and why you need to join them.
In the end, you will also find 150+ free Pinterest group boards that you can join right away!
- What are group boards?
- How To Join Group Boards?
- How many group boards is too many?
- HOW TO GET TRAFFIC ON PINTEREST USING BOARDS
- THE ULTIMATE GROUP BOARDS LIST
What are group boards?
Group boards are essentially boards where more than 1 contributor posts content and shares content from each other.
Group boards can have anywhere from 1 to 5000 contributors. They can have anywhere from 5 to 5 Million followers.
To increase your traffic you need to IDENTIFY & JOIN the most relevant group boards for your niche.
I highly recommend having group boards that are a mix of:
- Niche Boards: For example, if you are a food blogger, you want to look for group boards that focus on food, recipes or any other sub-niche that you blog in.
- General Niche Boards: Some boards are an “all you can post” type of boards. These boards have a mix of varied bloggers but are less effective when it comes to maximizing your traffic compared to blog niche boards.
The absolute thing you should AVOID doing is:
- Join spammy boards with low-quality pins. Don’t. Just DONT.
- Join boards in niches that are not at all relevant to your blog. For example, if you only blog about travel, do NOT join a mom blogger group board or a fashion blogging board UNLESS you also post content related to those topics.
It’s not just enough to join ANY group board that comes your way. NO.
Be strategic about the group boards you apply to and join and stay in so that you can work on creating a long-term, sustainable Pinterest traffic strategy.
How To Join Group Boards?
Step 1: You can use the tool Pingroupie to find group boards in your niche.
Step 2: As a beginner, I would suggest searching for ones with >5000-10000 followers so that you can maximize your reach.
Step 3: Collect 50 emails and send out about 20-30 emails per month until you are a part of at least 50 group boards. This should be an ongoing activity done once per two months.
Step 4: Be patient, wait and watch! About 50% of the request you send will just be lost in outer space. But soon enough, you’ll see payback for all the effort you put in! 😉
Here’s a draft of what I usually send out as a DM/email depending on the board requirements.
Another way to join Pinterest group boards is to simply search for boards on Pinterest and go one by one to see how you can join.
Check out this video to see how this works in action.
How many group boards is too many?
No amount of group boards is too many as long as they are:
You want to join as many boards as possible that are highly relevant and manageable by you on a daily or weekly basis.
Conclusion: You need to nail your group board strategy if you want to multiply traffic and visibility on Pinterest.
HOW TO GET TRAFFIC ON PINTEREST USING BOARDS
Building traffic on Pinterest needs CONSISTENCY.
This means that even if you don’t necessarily write 1 new blog post per day, you need to trick Pinterest into thinking you do!
How do you do this? Easy.
Save your own content to group boards and other’s content to personal boards.
While you are busy pinning even if it’s only for 10 minutes per day, don’t just go about randomly adding anything anywhere.
Use your pins and pin them to → GROUP BOARDS
Use other’s pins and pin them to → PERSONAL BOARDS
You can also add your own pins to your own boards but you would have likely done that already when you first added your pin right? If not, DO IT.
What this does is that it gets your content out to the world and creates fresh content for your personal boards making Pinterest see you as a highly engaged and valuable user. This increases your domain and profile quality which as we learned earlier is VERY important!
THE ULTIMATE GROUP BOARDS LIST
GROUP BOARDS: GENERAL/ALL NICHE
- Best Blog Pins Group Board
- Top Bloggers Share Their Posts
- Best Blogs
- Blog Posts Promotion
- Bloggers Promotion Board
- Millennial Bloggers (Mine!)
- Post Your Blog – Bloggers Promote Here
- Promote Your Pins
- Share Your Blog + Tips & Tricks
- Top Blogs- Pinterest Viral Board
BLOGGING & MARKETING
- Blogging Tips, Tricks & Advice
- Blogging Boost
- Business, Blogging and Marketing
- Any Marketing, SEO, SMO & More
- Bloggers Post Here
- Blogger Resources
- Bloggers Make Money
- Blogging Essentials
- Blogging Lifestyle
- Blogging PROS Group Board
- Blogging Tips
- Blogging Tips – Next Level Blog
- Blogging Tips From Experts
- Digital Marketing | Online Marketing
- Professional Bloggers Posts
- Social Media Tips
- Social Media Mavens
- Social Media Superstars
- Social Media Marketing
- Pinvolve- Pinterest Business Community
DIY & CRAFTS
- DIY & Home Decor Ideas
- Creative DIY’s & Crafts
- Handmade with Love
- Home Decor
- DIY Do It Yourself Projects
- Home Sweet Home
- Branding & Business Tips
- Savvy Business Owners
- Solopreneur Success
- Writing, Blogging, Biz Tips
- Blog & Biz Babes
- Infopreneur Resources – Creative Entrepreneurs
- Freelance Resources
- Online Side Hustles
- Side Hustles
- Affordable Fashions
- Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Bloggers
- Blogger Style
- Casual Outfits
- City Chic
- Fashion Bloggers – How We Wore It
- Fashion Bloggers We Love
- Fashion – Fall & Winter Outfit Ideas
- Female Fashion Bloggers
- Fashion Bloggers
- Fashion Bloggers Unite
- Millennial Fashion Bloggers
- Sophisticated Style Group Board
- Street Style Outfits
- Top Style Bloggers
- Beauty Bloggers
- Beauty Community Board
- Our Favourite Beauty Tips
- Au Naturale Beauty & Aging Gracefully
- Makeup & Fashion
- DIY Beauty
- Skin Care, Makeup, Hair
- Fashion, Hair, Beauty
- Eye Makeup & Care
- Best Beauty Community
- Beauty, Hair & Nails
HEALTH & FITNESS
- How You Live A Healthy Lifestyle
- Paleo Living Group Board
- Healthy Lifestyle Happy Life
- Healthy Living Tips
- Wellness Remedies
- Our Best Herbal Remedies For Healthy Beauty Cleaning
- Health Community
- Create Your Best Life
- Inspired & Mindful Living
- Health & Fitness
- Working on My Fitness
- Pre-workout Motivation
- Yoga Lifestyle
- Healthy Habits – Fitness
- Fitness Healthy Lifestyle
- All Things Parenting
- Mummy Bloggers Posts
- Art & Craft Ideas For Children
- Summer Vacation Boredom Busters
- Intentional Motherhood
- Toddlers & Little Ones
- Kids Crafts
- Mom Blogger Roundups
- Parenting Tips & Advice
- Money Saving Mom Group
- Adventures in Parenting
- Finances & Frugal Living
- Beautiful Budget Life
- Strategies to Save Money
- Saving Money $$ Group Board
- Personal Finance Roundup
- All Money Matters
- All About Money
- Personal Finance Posts + Frugal Tips
- Save Money, Make Money, Live Better
- Save More, Spend Less
- All Kinds Of Brownies
- Gluten Free Mains & More
- Appetisers, Cocktails, Snacks
- Cooking Tips & Recipes
- Healthy Snack Recipes
- Low-carb & Keto Recipe Exchange
- Hungry Bloggers- Our favourite recipes
- Summer Treats
- Vegan Recipes
- Dessert Sweet Treats
- All Things Travel
- Always Travel – Tips & Guides
- Amazing Travel
- Blogger Travel Guides
- Dream Destinations
- Faraway Travel Bloggers
- Female Travel Tips By Tourlina
- Girls Gone Global
- Group Board Travel Community Blogger
- Itchy Feet Travel Group
- Let’s Go Travel
- European Travels
- Mappin Monday
- Travel Anywhere
- Travel Around the World
- Travel Bloggers Only
- Travel Bloggers Sharing Pod
- Travel Bloggers Unite
- Travel Bloggers Posts
- Travel Blogs Share
- Travel Destinations Itineraries & Guides
- Travel Inspiration Shared Board
- Travel Inspiration
- Travel Ideas
- Traveling Pins From All Over The World
- Traveling Want to
- World of Wanderlust
So there you have it the ultimate guide to join, find and maximize your group board strategy.
Need more Pinterest marketing resources to grow your traffic and blow up your business?
- Grab my free 10 Pinterest templates to speed up your growth on Pinterest
- Join our community of Pinterest bosses and get access to monthly custom templates, actionable checklists and expert trainings to go from beginner to Pinterest ninja.
- Check out my Youtube channel for more Pinterest growth tips.
Before you go, here are other Pinterest marketing tips you should check out:
- The Ultimate Pinterest SEO and Rich Pins Guide
- How To Use Pinterest Hashtags The Non-Spammy Way
- Pinterest Marketing Strategy To Drive Insane Traffic To Your Website
- How To Skyrocket Your Pinterest Followers and Traffic
- 5 Content Syndication Platforms Every Blogger Needs To Grow Their Audience On
I’m Shruti, the founder of Indian Girling & Digital Empires. I believe in creating a life that you don’t need a vacation from.
On this website, you will find tips on how to travel Europe, personal growth and how to become a blogger.